Your privacy is critically important to us. At Laur Aloha Travel, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who we are:
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
- Content information: You might provide us with information about you in draft and published content (a blog post or comment that includes biographic information about you, or any media or files you upload). When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Communications with us (aloha!): You may also provide us with information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our team about a support question, post a question in our public forums, or sign up for a newsletter. When you communicate with us via form, email, phone, website comment, or otherwise, we store a copy of our communications (including any call recordings as permitted by applicable law). This may also include your contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, social media handle and phone number;
- Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, searches, features enabled for your website, and other parts of our Services) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, get insights on how people use our Services so we can make our Services better, and understand and make predictions about user retention.
- Interactions with the content on our sites: We collect some information about your interactions such as your “Bookmarked” posts and the fact that you commented on a particular post, so that we can see what content performs best and continue to create content that our readers love. We may also use this information to recommend posts we think may interest you.
- Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, comments, bookmarks) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, get insights on how people use our Services so we can make our Services better, and understand and make predictions about user retention.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights do you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns!
Now a bit about Cookies:
Why are cookies important?
Cookies help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site or application. This helps us to improve the way our Services work and improve user experience. All information collected through these cookies will be processed in an aggregated and anonymous form. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies.
You can opt-out of cookies by amending your choices via the “cookie preference center” which is located on the footer of the corresponding website. We have also included access to your settings below:
You can also prevent your browser from accepting certain cookies, have the browser require your consent before a new cookie is placed in your browser, or block cookies altogether by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser privacy preferences menu.
The links below will help you find the settings for some common browsers (please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites):
- Manage cookie settings in Chrome and Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Safari and Safari iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox
- Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Manage cookie settings in Opera
For all other browsers, or, for alternative advice, help may be sought by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, or, via your device user manual, or, online help files.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Bookmark Planning Tool
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies do not store any directly identifiable information. However, they are necessary for the Service to function. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but without these cookies, some or all of the services you have asked for may not function properly.
- Performance cookies: These are analytics and research cookies that allow us to count visits and measure traffic, so we can measure and improve the performance of our Services. They also help us to know which pages are the most and least popular, and see how visitors move around the site or application. This helps us to improve the way our Services work and improve user experience. All information collected through these cookies will be processed in an aggregated and anonymous form. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies. Blocking these cookies will not affect the service provided you.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our Services to provide enhanced functionality and personalization such as remembering the choices you make and your account preferences and to provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but without these cookies, some or all of the services you have asked for may not function properly. [e.g. Bookmarks Planning Tool feature]
- Targeting Cookies: These files, or, code may be included, either directly or from our advertising partners, on our website, in our emails, or, mobile applications to record how you interact with us, to help us better analyze and improve our services to you, and will use this information to make the website, and, any advertising displayed to you more relevant to your interests. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies. Blocking these cookies will not affect the service provided you, but will limit the targeted advertising that you will see, or limit our ability to tailor the website experience to your needs.